Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Phyllis Diller - Jason Mecier's Celebrity Portraits Literally Turn Trash Into Art Treasure Photos

For the majority of people, the actual stating "one millions of people's rubbish will be an additional people's treasure" is surely an straightforward or even clich way to preserve precisely what others may possibly look at some sort of in question preference.

But Jason Mecier usually takes this adage literally. Using everything from useless hand held phones that will crimson and also dark-colored licorice in order to real rubbish sent to your ex boyfriend by famous people (like Phyllis Diller 's anti-itch medications in addition to Tori Spelling's kids' toys), the actual San Francisco-based specialit includes made a profession away from creating spectacular mosaic portraits showcasing his / her preferred popular people.

The Huffington Post swept up having Mecier to uncover somewhat additional about how exactly your dog bought their start, his process, his or her fantasy subjects, just what exactly Mary-Louise Parker thought of his or her marijuana-laced portrait connected with the woman's and more.

How did you receive a person's start? Though I posess zero elegant fine art training, I did have an excellent mentor with this grandmother, Anita Tollefson. When I seemed to be young, I remember currently being enthralled by your ex paintings, weavings, mosaics, sculptures, collages, in addition to tarnished tumbler work of which filled my personal grandparents' house and yard. If Anita has been taking care of an artwork project, the lady would collection myself up at the nearby family table using a project associated with my very own to operate on. One of my very first pieces, is usually a mosaic created from beans, noodles, rocks, as well as minimize bamboo bedding supports glued using a item of wood. My grandmother prompted my family to create works of art using resources readily accessible that will me. She will want to coloration on a corner associated with the girl smoke cartons when compared with buy a canvas. I discovered from her that I could make art work from anything at all I want to, and that there are zero rules.

When have you choose to help make super stars your primary focus? I have no idea of why, but generally already been there. As kid I keep in mind obsessively clipping along with scrap-booking images in the TV Guide associated with my own favorite shows. In huge institution I did pencil pictures associated with my preferred record truck covers such as The Rolling Stones, Olivia Newton-John and also Pat Benatar. Later I did a compilation of psychedelic collages employing "Charlie's Angels" buying and selling homemade cards and snap shots involving Florence Henderson through the Wesson Oil deals and ads. Soon I ended up being selecting chili as well as noodles into bigger portraits of these icons. It just exploded from there!

(Interview persists below)

How long should each face decide on make? At minimum forty five hours, but many have much, much longer! Lady Gaga and Farrah Fawcett each procured pretty much a couple weeks in addition to hundreds of hours!

How does one decide what exactly supplies to work with for each portrait? I delight in seeking to complement the ideal items, colors, and themes when using the effusion of each one special subject. Some interesting suggestions include: Rosie O'Donnell made out of poor quality food, Snoop Dogg constructed from marijuana, Sigmund Freud made from pills. Sometimes the particular name suggests this medium. Guess just what exactly components I used to create this portraits: Condoleezza Rice, Salt-N-Peppa, Kevin Bacon, and also Dog: The Bounty Hunter. (Rice; salt in addition to pepper; bacon; plus . puppy food!)

How does one influence superstars in order to post a person their own trash? Any way I can! I've despatched characters for their agent and managers, though the the majority of flourishing way can be by way of a friend of your friend. That allows me credibility instead of searching like a stalker.

What are generally your selected materials that will celebs include routed you? Phyllis Diller 's anti-itch prescriptions, Jane Wiedlin's tampons plus curly hair dye, Belinda Carlisle's bracelets, Parker Posey's night guard, Barbi Benton's prom queen crown plus the girl retainer from huge school, Heidi Fleiss's moldy slippers, a correspondence Paris Hilton sent me through prison, Amy Sedaris's craft supplies, Tori Spelling's children's toys, Florence Henderson's silver pumps, Mary-Louise Parker's Gucci Sunglasses, Ricki Lake's travel tampon in addition to credit history cards, Rosie O'Donnell's kids' toys, a new bag of Pam Anderson's soiled laundry

Who is usually on your record connected with dream subjects? Dolly Parton, Cher, Liza Minnelli, Paris Hilton, Ellen DeGeneres, Lindsay Lohan, Oprah, Joan Rivers, Judge Judy, Jennifer Tilly, Joy Behar, Wendy Williams, Shelley Duvall and also Delta Burke

Have anyone ever endured some sort of celeb answer negatively in order to considered one of your own portraits? Yes. I noticed Mary-Louise Parker believed the girl portrait considered really cool, but she wasn't crazy related to all the marijuana references. She will not smoke pot and also has tiny kids. I consider your lady thought it was a much more personal portrait and never a "Weeds"-themed piece. Picky folks include inquired me personally that will change along with involving their particular sight in addition to repair his or her tooth products including that.

Your do the job reads since decidedly queer to me not simply due to the subject matter but also because of how you're subverting traditional suggestions with regards to art and culture along with creating innovative designs along with definitions. Do you concentrate on your own operate queer and precisely how significant will be notion of get away to be able to what an individual do? I simillar to precisely what I similar to and do just what exactly I do. If this indicates queer that may be in all probability for the reason that I am! My favored things have got typically get away appeal. Like "Showgirls" is a perfect video clip to be able to me. People which have animation similar to qualities in addition make regarding wonderful pictures just like Amy Sedaris and also Carol Channing.

For more info about Jason Mecier, IAM8BIT , 2147 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, Calif.

Send Corrections

Send us a Link

Contact us

Send some sort of Tip

Send Photos/Videos

Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment