Sunday, November 27, 2011

Damage Control - Teen Will Not Apologize To Governor's Office For Twitter Post

Sullivan: "At that time, I never think an apology would be a sincere issue to do to be able to do"

She claims that tweet was supposed only friends

Sullivan hopes the particular tweet will probably provide awareness in order to free of charge dialog issues

(CNN) A high school graduation senior, that faces a Monday morning deadline for you to apologize to be able to Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback for any disparaging tweet, possesses said she will possibly not prepare the apology letter.

"I don't believe I will need to write that page and also I never consider the idea would be your finest move for me," Emma Sullivan, 18, mentioned the later part of Sunday night. "At that time, I do not assume a good apology could be a sincere idea to me in order to do."

Sullivan reported her parents and several involving the woman mates help support the girl decision.

The adolescent built countrywide headlines a week ago to get a tweet the lady mentioned seemed to be meant simply for the woman's friends.

During a Kansas Youth inside Government arena vacation towards the state capitol upon November 21, Sullivan wrote: "Just designed indicate remarks from gov brownback and shared with him or her they sucked, at a store #heblowsalot."

The Shawnee Mission East senior claims your woman would not basically speak to Brownback, along with the post referenced a tale your lady acquired with a student for the trip.

The following day, she was identified as to the principal's office.

"I experienced no concept just what it turned out in relation to or exactly why I was being labeled on the office," your lady said. "I have never been recently around trouble before."

A Brownback staffer had notified the actual principal, the girl said.

"My most important laughed and said your dog required to complete injury deal with and ended up being seriously upset," Sullivan said. "He stated I appeared to be a good ashamed on the education and also the actual university district and the I had been disrespectful."

The principal in that case enquired the woman's to generate a new letter regarding apology that will Brownback and also his staff. He established Monday since the owing night out for your letter.

Sullivan said your lover would not understand what will happen when your lady would not turn in this correspondence Monday. But, your woman hope the actual twitter will bring attention for you to the matter with free speech.

"I expect now there will not every implications and also which my principal as well as governor's business office might shift on," your lady said. "The problem is applicable and, whenever anything, is a starting place of dialog with all the governor with regards to their guidelines and also the best way our First Amendment rights is usually consumed away."

"I anticipation how the governor realizes the electricity from the people today along with how persons could make items happen," she said. "I also expect he can spend his period doing additional useful things."

No comments:

Post a Comment