Saturday, November 24, 2012

Olympic Games - Felix Named Iaaf World Athletes Of The Year - News

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) Usain Bolt picked up this IAAF World Athlete with the Year honor to the final time Saturday right after defending his / her 100 along with 200 meter precious metal medals on line summer's Olympic Games in London.

The Jamaican sprinter, exactly who whip out there American hurdler Aries Merritt and also Kenyan athlete David Rudisha, acquired previously won the merit throughout 2008, 2009, in addition to 2011.

"For me personally this can be a fantastic recognition to win a next time. I seriously proved helpful very difficult and I was genuinely concentrated this particular year. This period appeared to be one of my personal toughest. I had this ups and downs, though we don't mention them," claimed Bolt, who thanked his discipline and also the fans for the Olympics.

"The London adventures were magnificent. Fans were there inside the stadium from 10 throughout the particular morning. I have never observed whatever similar to that."

Sprinter Allyson Felix from the United States required property the unique award.

In 2003, Bolt and also Felix gained the Rising Star awards pertaining to the best encouraging fresh sports athletes from the year.

"Nine many years in the past I was in this article having Allyson, at this point I am back, discomfort I am getting old, that's a little bit worrying," mentioned that 26-year-old Bolt. "But I will pursue to work hard."

Felix picked up the 200-meter rare metal medal with London immediately after negotiating for gold four many years earlier within Beijing.

"My major defeats have got appear along at the Olympic Games . After Beijing I appeared to be devastated, I had did wonders while difficult as they can however I came up short," the lady said. "But I chose to rededicate myself sometimes tougher also it seemed to be a blessing throughout disguise. I was able to work trickier than in the past and lastly everthing came up together."

The some other finalists for this kind award have been New Zealand taken putter Valerie Adams and also British heptathlete Jessica Ennis both equally gold medalists in London.

Merritt picked up that Inspiration Award intended for his / her season, which will bundled a gold medal and a world document in the 110-meter hurdles.

Rudisha, who seem to seemed to be called Athlete of the Year in 2010, gained the particular Performance belonging to the Year give to get his or her record-setting platinum medal manage from the eight hundred meters.

Javelin thrower Keshorn Walcott of Trinidad along with Bahamas sprinter Anthonique Strachan received your Rising Star awards.

The prizes have been introduced to the very last evening on the IAAF's 100th wedding celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment